05 June 2007

Awesome Trip!

Even though it's taken me a few days to jump back on the blog and write about my trip to Cape Cod, don't take that as a sign that it wasn't a lot of fun. Even with my back problems keeping me from doing a couple things, I had a blast. Going with Pam, Maria and Crady was so much fun!

Maria picked an awesome place for us to stay in Falmouth. We were right across the street from the beach - one of the 5 top beaches on the cape, according to Frommer's. The town itself was very pretty and quaint, but big enough to offer the necessities.

We spent a good amount of time just lounging on the beach, but by no means were we sedentary! One day we drove to Provincetown on the far end of the cape. We definitely enjoyed the interesting stores and art galleries, and the food was great. The great number of gay and lesbian couples was an interesting phenomenon to some of our group. The best part of the day was the whale-watching trip we took. We saw 15 different humpback whales, and the entertained us with lots of activity. We probably entertained them, too, as we rushed back and forth across the boat, trying to all see and get the best shot.

We also spent one day in Boston, walking the Freedom Trail, or in my case, part of it! I let the others walk the last part while I backtracked to Quincy Market where I rested and people-watched. Then we met up and went to dinner at this very cool Chinese restaurant that the Frommer's guide suggested. When we got there, we were the only Caucasians in the place, and all of the Asian guests watched us walk in and sit down. But we had some good dim sum and other foods. Yum!

Our last day was spent on Martha's Vineyard, which we could see at night from our balcony. Apparently the Vineyard is the "lower class cousin" to Nantucket, but I think I like it better because it's more laid-back. Even a short shower didn't stop us from walking around the towns, shopping, and enjoying the day.

There's too many stories to tell: the vortex that is Providence, R.I., the Hooty, the sailing trip that never happened, and on and on. Anyway, I had a blast!

No comments: