10 July 2008

Blue & Gray




Now, normally in these parts, when that phrase is used, we're talking about the Civil War (or as more southern Southerners than I will still call it, "The War of Northern Aggression." We hold on to grudges down here is these parts.), but in this case, I'm talking about the cloudy skies we've had of late. The last few weeks we've had several thunder storms and hazy days.

All of this seems to be mirroring life. There are a lot of mixed blessings going around in my life and the lives of family and friends. Health scares and waiting for further information, frustration over projects not moving forward as planned, added to the general unease that listening to the national and international news brings on.


The good news is that, as in this picture, there is plenty to smile about because not all clouds are gray and filled with rain. The sun will shine again, and all of these issues will eventually resolve themselves. I'm waiting patiently for the clouds to part.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Blessings come in many diferent guises. To awake is a blessing. I attended a thankyou function for donors to The Leukaemia Foundation in Australia. I live in Geelong and am a volounteer at Geelong. Two speakers spoke on the current research that is being undertaken. I was so taken by what they were doing I decided that I could do more. During the months of July and August I have asked my friends to invite another 5 or 11 people to my place to have lunch. Charge for lunch $20.00 My friends rallied to the cause and I have been wonderfully blessed , the letters I have received after each function have endorsed this blessing that they have received while having lunch with friends. I cook and stay out of the way so that they can enjoy the company they are in. So far I am well on the way to reach the $1,000.00 I was aiming for. One friend is off to California next week to visit her daughter so she sent along a cheque for $120.00 Bless you Margaret

Wolfgang said...

I just found your blog - hi Erica!